Poetic Island

Poetic Island
The wonders of Dominica

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wotton Waven's Hot Springs- Day 10


It is said that Wotton Waven is the center of hot sulphur springs in Dominica, and there are a few commercial locations available for the visitor or resident to enjoy the hot mineral pools. The spot chosen today is Tia’s Bamboo Cottages and Sulphur pools.  Tia established the first commercial hot pools in Wotton Waven and  since that humble beginning has built  5 cottages from local resources that can comfortable accommodate 14 persons. 

Tia offers two private hot pools that are fully enclosed so whether it’s raining or shining you have protection or if you just want to have  private time with your significant other this is a great option.  I have chosen the private pool, because it is the closest to the entrance of Tia’s bar.  I have been anticipating the healing powers of the mineral pool since I arrived to Dominica, it is truly one of the places that every visitor must experience. As  I emerge myself into the steaming hot pools, my feet begin to send to messages to my brain to adjust the rest of my body’s temperature to the 100 degrees plus pool of water.  The tension in my muscles begins to relax as the heat of the springs penetrate every pore of my system which also allows an authentic detoxification to take place.  Every 15 minutes I alternate from soaking to sitting outside of the pool. It is medically recommended that you are not in the hot pools for more than 15 minutes at a time. 





So as I alternate, it is hard not to meditate on the simple delights of nature and allow the heat to release the stresses of the day away.  If food was served inside of the private pools, I may find myself staying  in the hot water all day due to the therapy being given to me. One way to conclude a hot sulphur bath is to immediately hydrate your body with water and schedule a message at Glam Experience to put the icing on the cake. This is truly the most natural medication for a good night sleep. The pools are also excellent for muscle pain incurred from hiking on the island. The cool thing about Wotton Waven is its’ short distance to Roseau within 2 miles to be more precise. The bus fare is $3 EC. Tia’s landscapes are relaxing and calming to the spirit and truly aid in total body wellness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment