Poetic Island

Poetic Island
The wonders of Dominica

Friday, July 15, 2011

Moonlit Skies- Day 4

In the middle of the night, the moon calls me to the front porch of my home.  In the darkness of the night, the whiteness of the full moon beams brightly so that a light glow flows gently over the trees, plants, and mountain tops. The sea has now been clothed with a shine made from the reflection of the moon.  In the quietness of the night the waves of Mero Beach can be heard gently crushing along the shoreline. There is peace and serenity floating all through the air waves tonight. I hear crickets, grasshoppers and my other little insect friends speaking soothingly to one another. Grace and calmness are now residing deep inside my soul because of the wonderful gift of the moon being observed over the village of Mero.

  I wonder to myself how many people have ever really had the opportunity to observe the moon, because it is hard to see when many lights are generated from commercial and residential areas. Or how many have seen the moon when it is on main stage leading the orchestra of insects residing below its radiance.  I wonder if people really ever stop and appreciate the magnificent of the moon.  For centuries the moon was the focal point for keeping track of the year and it still gives off the required energy that produces the tides of the sea.        
                                               
                                                                                                                                                               
  I never really appreciate the moon until I came to Dominica. For years it was there and I never took notice of its brilliant luminosity, but in Dominica the moon dominates at night. Many roads often do not have street lights and the moon’s glow allows people to see as they move about within the night. So the moon acts like a flash light and makes the land look refreshed and renewed.  The beautiful nights of Dominica help me to imagine a life of serenity, peace, and prosperity. New possibilities are over flowing within me providing a sort of positive energy that can only breed more wonderful opportunities.

I hope you enjoy Dominica's moonlit skies.


No comments:

Post a Comment