Poetic Island

Poetic Island
The wonders of Dominica

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Relax & Chill -Day 8



After a week in Dominica, I need a little pampering. When I want a pedicure, message, facial, or waxing services I always go to the Glam Experience. The Glam is for glamorous and they truly live up to their name. Today, I wanted a pedicure, because in Dominica you do a lot of walking and your feet will truly need some tender loving care. Today my nail technician is Sherry-Ann of Trinidad.   While listening to soothing music, the feet pampering experience begins. I have had many pedicures before but this one is especially relaxing. Sherry-Ann takes her time in exfoliating my dead skin cells and rubs my feet at three different intervals with this special creamy foot scrub. I caught myself falling asleep at least 3 times. My feet feel so brand new so much so that I do not want to walk on them.  I am told to relax myself and that there is no need for me to rush. The Glam experience lead by head skin care consultant Lillian Piper has offered Dominican residents and visitors their glamorous services for over two years now.  The pedicures at Glam Experience are First Class. If you visit, you will not be disappointed. 



Another cool place that I like to hang out is Pizza Palace. It is located right on River Bank and very close to the Portsmouth, Salisbury, and Canefield bus stops. 




They are open 6 days week from 7 am until 11 pm.  Pizza Palace offers pizza, roti, bakes, breakfast sandwiches, lunch specials, and many different types of drinks.  I love the fact that they are located right on the edge of the Roseau River so you can have a nice meal and enjoy the calming sounds of the river.  The staff is very friend and their morning cook John prepares the best peleau which is a rice based dish that many Dominicans love to eat for lunch. The vibes are always cool in this very popular place and the staff is always willing to offer directions if you ever loss your way. 
Another evening option in Roseau is Kandiz Hot Dog Stand located on King George Street directly across from the Digicel Customer Center. They offer hot dogs with every topping imaginable plus drinks and fresh local juices always. You can just relax on the sitting bench and met many of the local people making their nightly spot for the best hot dogs in Roseau. 

No comments:

Post a Comment