Poetic Island

Poetic Island
The wonders of Dominica

Friday, August 5, 2011

Finding AC in Roseau-Day 14

Today was extremely hot in Roseau. For the first time all I could think about was the modern comforts that the air condition brings. So I started to think about all the places in Roseau were I could enjoy the coolness of AC and relax for a while. Upon entering town, the first spot located is SUBWAY. I decided to stop in and get a sub and help relax my sweat glands.  I hardly visit American franchises in Dominica, but today I will make the exception for my physical needs. Within one hour my body is feeling overheated again, the Orchard is the next stop. I get two large glasses of passion fruit juice and the cool breeze takes all my sweat away. My mind tells me to never leave the comforts of this air conditioned environment, but I have things to do and explore so this pleasure will not be enjoyed for the entire day. I start thinking about how many other places have AC and this is what I came up with: Rituals CafĂ©, KFC, Whitchurch Supercentre, The Muslim Store, Premier Computing Services, Perky’s Pizza, Pizza Hut, Subway, The Orchard, Piwi Ice Cream, and all the banks.


Towards the end of the day, a strong urge for something sweet comes over me. Piwi Ice Cream offers ice cream, cakes, cup cakes, popcorn, candy, and juices. It is my number one choice for ice cream when I am in town. They have two locations to service you, and it has air conditioned which is definitely a plus on this hot day in Roseau. 
PIWI Ice Cream

PIWI Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment